Starting in 2008, the United States experienced the greatest economic calamity since the Great Depression. To combat rising unemployment, negative economic growth, and deflation, among other problems, the U.S. government employed instruments/policies from both the fiscal and monetary toolkits. Write an essay 1,250-1500 words regarding the impact of economic policy on the market. Address the following:
1. Describe the major problems of the “Great Recession.” What required immediate government action, from the perspective of many public officials?
2. Monetary policy: Describe how the Federal Reserve respond to the crisis. Be sure to discuss interest rates and open market operations.
3. Fiscal policy: Describe Congress’s response to the crisis. Be sure to discuss the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
4. Explain the goals of the fiscal and monetary policies employed. Address “stimulating aggregate demand” and the role of “increasing the money supply” in your response.
5. Evaluate the success in the policies.
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more