Persuasive Speech on a Media Source
General Purpose: To persuade my audience about a specific form of media. Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to watch the inspirational movie, The Blind Side.
Thesis Statement: The Bind Side is an extraordinary true story that reflects upon many life lessons.
Attention Getter: As once stated by George W. Bush, “America is the land of the second chance- and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life. ”
The Blind Side is an extraordinary true story that reflects upon inspiring life lessons.
I have watched The Blind Side many times and from my experience, this movie is worth every minute of your time.
This afternoon, I will explain the reason why The Blind Side portrays a brilliant character that will make you look at life differently.
Starting with the fact we can’t change the life we are brought into but we can change the way we live it.
Also, take a helping hand from others that are offering.
Finally, the value of something is not always obvious from what we see on the surface.
Transition: Furthermore, let’s look more into the life lesson outlined by the movie, The Blind Side. ] I. Main Point: Nobody can go back and start a new beginning to their life, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Michael Ohre spent most of his childhood years in the so-called ‘hood’ and was surrounded by drugs, alcohol, and gangs.
Sub-sub point: Michael did not speak much about his childhood but did tell his Mrs. Leigh Ann Tuohy this, “And when she was finished she would tell me to open my eyes, the past is gone, the world is a good place, and its all going to be okay” (The Blind Side).
Sub-sub point: Michael’s mom would repeat to him this as she participated in drug activities.
Sub-sub point: He decides to pack up a few clothing articles in a grocery bag and leaves in search of a better life.
1. Sub-sub point: This was the new begging of a new chapter of life for him.
2. Sub-sub point: The Tuohy family enrolled him into a private catholic high school.
C.Sub-point: Michael was not the only one that changed his life but his new mom, Mrs. Tuohy did as well.
1. Sub-sub-point: She was a giving person who always helped people that needed it.
2. Sub-sub-point: Mrs. Tuohy gave Michael a second chance at life by treating him as her own child.
3. Sub-sub point: Many people would not allow random people to stay at there house but she wanted to truly help.
D. Sub-point: Additionally, Mrs. Tuohy is a high-class southern mom, which made it seem even more unexpected. 1. Sub-sub point: The ides a taking a “African American” into her home was shocking to her southern friends. . Sub-sub point: Her friends in her social groups did not support her and she decided those were not real friends. E. Sub-point: Michael’s tutor, Jill Freeze, told Mrs. Tuohy that she was changing his life, she responded with, “No, he is changing mine” (The Blind Side). 1. Sub-sub point: Mrs. Tuohy felt good knowing she was becoming a becoming a better person. 2. Sub-sub point: She felt better knowing she was giving back to someone that truly needed help in desperate times. [Transition: Despite running from reality let people help you. ]
Main Point: Take a helping hand from others wen one is offering.
A. Sub-point: Michael knew getting help was the only way to becoming sometime great in life.
1. Sub-sub-point: He was dealt a hard life, but he knew his only option was to reach out for help.
2. Sub-sub-point: He was asked if he wants to stay with the Tuohy family he replied with, “I don’t want to go anyplace else”(The Blind Side).
3. Sub-sub-point: Michael knew if he would go back to his old life he would not go anywhere in life.
4. Sub-sub point: He made his journey worthwhile with the Tuohy family by connecting with Collin and S.J. B.
Sub-point: Courage is a hard thing to figure also.
1. Sub-sub point: Mrs. Tuohy and Michaels tutor pushed him forward to have courage in life and so he did he played college football but just didn’t stop there he recently won the 2013 Super Bowl.
2. Sub-sub point: Despite when others tried to hold him back from his dream.
C. Sub-point: This movie teaches the importance of taking help when needed.
1. Sub-point: If you ignore life struggles they will only leave behind in the end.
2. Sub-sub point: It also makes the audience appreciate whatever life has in store for you.
Transition: By all means this movies grabs your attention and shows real life obstacles and struggles.
III. Main Point: Furthermore, don’t judge a person on there appearance, but rather get to know a person from the inside.
A. Sub-point: Sean Touhy Michaels father stated, “Who would’ve thought we’d have a black son before we met a Democrat? ”
1. Sub-sub-point: The high-class community was not accepting at first of Michael.
2. Sub-sub-point: A private catholic high school was not even accepting at the time of enrollment.
B. Sub-point: The parents and teachers did not only judge him, but the kids at school did as well.
Sub-sub-point: Michael was trying to make friends at school, during lunch he would talk to other student but they would ignore him.
2. Sub-sub-point: His peers judged him in class and he never was given a chance to show his potential.
C. Sub-point: The Tuohy family also was looked at differently because of having a colored boy stay at there home.
1. Sub-sub point: Mrs. Tuohy’s high-class friends and her daughter friends as well mad a beg deal about this.
2. Sub-sub point: The adoption service and the NCAA eligibility center though this was strange as well and judge the idea.
D. Sub point: Also, Mrs. Tuohy sent out a family Christmas card with Michael in it, many friends called questioning her decision.
E. Sub point: Never less, discrimination in this movie is an issue but, the situations that Michael encounters show why people should be treated equally. [Transition: Despite running from reality let people help you. ]
Furthermore, The Blind Side is a heartfelt movie that is definitely worth your time.
It shows life lesson including:
A. Unfortunately, we cant choose the life we are brought into but we can change the way we live it.
B. Also, take a helping hand from others that are offering
C. Lastly, the value of something is not always obvious from what we see on the surface.
As once stated by Harrison Ford, “We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance. ”
Sharkey , Betsy . “Review: ‘The Blind Side’. ” 20 Nov 2009: 1-2. Web. 22 Feb. 2013. <http://articles. latimes. com/2009/nov/20/entertainment/la-et-blind-side20- 2009nov20>.
Scott, O. A.. “Steamrolling Over Life’s Obstacles With Family as Cheerleaders. ” The New York Times . N. p. , 19 Nov 2009. Web. 22 Feb 2013. <http://movies. nytimes. com/2009/11/20/movies
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more