The following essential questions that I have posted are critical to help you explore and understand the assigned readings L & S Ch. 4 and Wong Ch 2 during Week 4. These questions are intended to drive and stimulate the discussion and move your understanding beyond the plain sense of the text. Reading my PPT and watching the posted videos will guide you to answer these questions.
Please select 2 questions (one question from L&S Ch. 4 and another one from Wong Ch.2) out of these posted essential questions, answer them and post your responses in the Week 3 discussion forum (50 words for each question minimum). Please write your answers in your own words!! Please note: please post your answer by 11: 59pm on Saturday (5/30).
· Be coherent;
· Be posted in the time allotted;
· Be respectful;
· Be scholarly
The following questions are based on L&S Ch.4:
· 1) Several theories for L2 learning have been proposed in this chapter. Is one of them more consistent with your own understanding of how languages are learned? If so, how have your experiences as a teacher or learner brought you to this view?
· 2) Compare and contrast the role of the environment in the behaviourist, innatist, and cognitive perspectives in Second Language Acquisition Process. Which is closest to your own view in terms of second language acquisition?
The following questions are based on Wong Ch 2
3) What are some of the questions that classroom teachers would like researchers to investigate on Second Language Acquisition? Can you think of reasons why these questions have not already been answered? Do you think that the questions that are important to teachers can only be answered through classroom research? Or do you see how research carried out in other environments can also contribute to pedagogical practice?
4) This chapter focuses on several accepted generalizations of SLA. Choose two that you feel are the most important that you would want a new ELL teacher to know. Explain why they are the best ideas to implement in a SLA classroom.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more