Please respond to all of the questions in paragraph form with the question numbers labeled. You should incorporate concepts from the readings into your answers and cite the readings as needed. The paper should be 2-4 pages.
1. Mobile home residents are not the only stigmatized group who establish their decency by distancing themselves from others.
· Who else does this?
· How do they do it?
· Why do they do this rather than approaching others with empathy?
· How does this approach reproduce inequality?
2. Watch the trailer and read the description of “The Blind Side,” the dramatization of football player Michael Oher’s success, which earned over $255 million at the box office and earned Sandra Bullock an Oscar for Best Leading Actress (The Blind Side – Trailer (Links to an external site.)and (Links to an external site.)IMDb- The Blind Side Plot Summary (Links to an external site.)).
· What emotions dominated while you watched?
· What strategies did the director and actors use to conjure those different feelings?
· Now consider the racial undertones of the movie or read some racial critiques-The Blind Side: What Would Black People Do Without Nice White Folks? (Links to an external site.)
· How do you think most white individuals feel when watching this movie?
· What about African Americans?
· To what extent are these portrayals conscious on the part of the movie makers?
· Does thinking about the racial content change your emotional experience? Why or why not?
· Where else do we see racial portrayals that are designed to evoke particular emotional responses?
· Read the National Association of Black Social Workers’- Transracial Adoption Statement. (Links to an external site.)What is their position? Why?
3. Generate a list of the social identities most important to you. Then organize the list according to their salience to you and label each section of the chart.
· Looking at the list, which social identity is most important to you?
· What kinds of benefits do you get from this identity? If you suddenly could no longer claim this identity, how would you feel?
· What relationships and resources would you lose? Would you lose other social benefits?
· Think of a behavior or two that is repugnant to people within that group. What social conditions could compel you to act that way? Do you know people who have engaged in that behavior?
· How did they reconcile the conflict between their identity and their actions?
· What sort of vocabularies of motive did they—or could you—use to convince themselves and others to act in that way?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more