CJ 515 – CONSTITUTION AND THE JUSTICE PROCESS
READING ASSIGNMENT # 2 – CHAPTER 2: FREEDOM OF SPEECH
*********PLEASE DO NOT COPY/ PASTE ANSWERS, IF THERE ARE SIGNS OF THIS YOU WILL RECEIVE ZERO POINTS. PLEASE DEFINE TERMS AND ANSWER QUESTIONS USING COMPLETE SENTENCES.
DEFINE KEY TERMS:
1. Child pornography
2. Commercial speech
3. Expressive conduct
4. Fighting words
5. Hate speech
6. Nonpublic forum
9. Public forum
10. Public forum by designation
11. Symbolic speech
12. Traditional public forum
13. Vulgar speech
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
1. The First Amendment concept of speech includes the right to:
2. Explain the case United States v. O’Brien.
3. Although free speech generally means freedom to speak on any subject, a small number of speech categories have been excluded from the First Amendment. List the categories.
4. What rules are designed to minimize the risk that constitutionally protected materials will be mistakenly seized while enforcing obscenity laws?
5. A person may be arrested for using “fighting words” only if the person’s language is:
6. A police officer arrested a woman for shoplifting. As he was taking her into custody, she snarled at him: “You f——ing son of a bitch!” Can the officer charge her with disorderly conduct for using profanity?
7. What is hate speech? What degree of protection—full, limited, or none—does hate speech enjoy? Can legislatures make it a crime to kill a person because of the person’s race, religion, or sexual orientation? Can legislatures provide enhanced punishments for persons who select their victims because of their race, religion, or sexual orientation?
DUE IN 24 HOURS
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more