You are to conduct a personal interview with at least two (2) individuals who have been in a supervisory or managerial position for a minimum of three (3) years. For the purposes of this assignment, we will define “supervisory or managerial position” as follows:
1. Must direct the daily activities of at least three (3) subordinate employees.
2. Must have decision-making authority to direct the daily activities of the unit.
3. Must have direct input into the employment process, employee compensation, and progressive discipline within the unit.
4. Must not be a relative of the student by blood, marriage or adoption.
You are to cover the following points, as a minimum, in your interviews: All work must be and produced by word processor and formatted into MLA style. NO late work will be accepted!
Paper should begin with an introductory paragraph introducing the interviewee and include years of experience, industry, education level, and any of pertinent information you gather. At the end of each interview, you will provide a conclusion paragraph with your observations of what you have learned from this assignment and how this information can help you in your career.
You may complete 1 interview and move directly to the next or you may list the question and under each have (see example below)
1. How long has he/she been in management?
Manager 1- their response
Manager 2- their response
Include each question with your answer for each interviewee.
1. How long has he/she been in management?
2. What was his/her first job in management?
3. How did he/she get into management?
4. What is the educational background of the person being interviewed?
5. What courses did they take in school that proved most useful to them as a manager?
6. What courses or skills do they feel would be most beneficial for them at this stage of their management career?
7. How have they kept up with the changes in management styles and models in today’s business world? (Have they been back to school; attended seminars; read industry and management related books, etc?).
8. What was the biggest challenge they faced when they first moved into management? How did they address this challenge?
9. What do they see as the three (3) most significant challenges facing managers in today’s workplace?
10. What has been the single most significant change they have seen during their career as a manager?
11. What do they see as the most significant challenges facing their business in the next 5 years? What plans have they made to address this challenge?
12. What do they like most about being in management? Why?
13. What do they like least about being in management? Why? (see next page)
14. What do they feel is the key to motivating today’s work force?
15. In what type of planning do they participate? How?
16. What do they see as the keys to being an effective leader in today’s business environment? Why do they feel these are so critical to today’s manager?
17. How do they compare the workforce and employee of today with that of past years? Why?
18. What advice can they offer to you as someone pursuing a degree and a career in the field of management? What do you think about their advice? Why?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more