Write a poem that describes an inanimate object using unexpected imagery (like, say, Farnoosh Fathi’s “Banana,” which uses the fruit as a jumping off point to meditate on language, on people, and the way we relate to one another—I think! But who is speaking? A banana? A person looking at a banana? Could one speaker be both things?). （see attached file）
In your own poem must:
1. Include a line from folk song / nursery rhyme—something familiar that most people would recognize.
2. Include a reference to an inside joke—something only your best friend would understand
3. Include at least one word that was new to you in reading Fathi’s book (she uses a number of esoteric words).
4. Include a metaphor with the following structure: “the (adjective) (noun) of (noun)” [try to come up with something unexpected: “the stucco shadow of wind through trees” or “the glassine silence of torn umbrellas” instead of “the crystal pools of your eyes” or “the intoxicating aroma of coffee.”]
5. Include a moment where the tone shifts dramatically to an exclamation — surprise the reader.
6. Be descriptive, use vivid imagery that includes color and other adjectives.
Here’s the big trick: try not to end-stop any of the lines, but instead to have every thought continue into the next line.
No centered poems, please.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more