You’ve learned about the importance of research and the steps of the sociological research process. For your first assignment, you will begin to work with this process by carefully reviewing an article about a research study. The goal is to have you analyze the article to see how the steps of the research process informed the research presented in the piece. This assignment will also encourage you to make connections between the research and your own life.
To analyze your article, follow the Ask, Research, Learn, Do process that is outlined below. This process was introduced in your webtext as a simplified version of the sociological research process. It’s a useful tool to help you think critically, answer questions, and solve problems.
Instructions: Complete both parts of the assignment by following the instructions below.
PART A: REVIEW THE RESEARCH 1) Review Articles
a) Prepare to complete your assignment by reviewing the articles below. Select one for the focus of your first assignment.
• “What ‘Personal Space’ Looks Like Around the World” https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ worldviews/wp/2017/04/24/how-close-istoo-close-depends-on-where-you-live/?utm_ term=.8f70ef8686ad
• “Millennials aren’t job-hopping any faster than Generation X did” http://www.pewresearch.org/facttank/2017/04/19/millennials-arent-jobhopping-any-faster-than-generation-x-did/
• 6 facts about the U.S. military and its changing demographics http://www.pewresearch.org/facttank/2017/04/13/6-facts-about-the-u-smilitary-and-its-changing-demographics/
2) Use the research information presented in the article to answer the questions below. You should write four paragraphs, one for each step listed in bold. Refer to Chapter 2 of the webtext as necessary.
• What was the topic of the research?
• Who was studied in the research?
• What was the research question that was answered by the information in the article?
• What research methods were used?
• Summarize the process researchers used to collect data.
• What were the key findings of the research?
• What conclusion was drawn from the research?
• What follow-up question would you now like to ask and research based on this article?
• Why did you choose this follow-up question?
PART B: MAKE CONNECTIONS 1) Use your article review to help answer the questions below. You should write two paragraphs, one for each question.
a) How can you apply the key research findings to your own life?
b) What are two additional questions that you have about society based on this research?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Use Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• Use section headers (Ask, Research, Learn, Do, and Make Connections) and write left indented paragraphs under each corresponding section.
• References are not required for this assignment as you will use one of the assigned articles and your webtext.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more