Need an research paper on fabrication of microelectrodes and pdms molding of microfluidic structures. Needs to be 5 pages. Please no plagiarism. The experiment is carried out in clean-room for micro and nanotechnology. The process begins with the preparation of a clean substrate followed by photoresist application, exposure and developing, etching, and finally photoresist removal. These steps are illustrated in the figure below.
In this experiment we fabricated a microelectrodes array which is suitable for use in studying the AC electrokinetic phenomena of electrorotation and dielectrophoresis. We performed the fabrication using a glass substrate from a gold/chrome film. A seed layer of thin chrome (5nm) is used to promote adhesion of thicker inert gold film (70 nm) to the substrate. The fabrication is performed in a clean-room. In this report we will present the method used, the result of fabrication of electrodes, and also discuss the positive and negative result. Finally we will discuss why the results happened the way they did and how to overcome the negative results.
The first step in our process is to clean the substrate. We took six glass microscope slides and placed them into a staining jar covered with a 100% solution of Decon 90 detergent. Then, the staining jar was placed in the Decone ultrasonic bath for 5 minutes to ultrasonically clean the slides.
After that, we removed the staining jar from the ultrasonicator and then, at the sink, the glass slides were removed from the staining jar and it was rinsed thoroughly with hot tap. Individually the slides were dried using the wall blow dryer, hand dryer or hair dryer. Then, we placed the clean slides in a covered Petri dish.
The second step we followed was for deposition of metal films by evaporation using an Edwards 306 Turbo Evaporator. We turned on evaporator and set it to the required condition. Then, we placed the holder on a table and inserted the clean slides using the spring loaded clips.
After that, we placed the glass slides on a substrate holder and replaced it by aligning .the flat on the spindle with hexagonal nut and tightening them. .