1) Explain how the United States, being a large economy with an abundance of natural resources, labor, and capital, can benefit by not being in autarky.
2) It was shown in the video that the United States had the comparative advantage in burgers. Using the table below, show and explain how Mexico has the comparative advantage in phones.
Mexico United States
Possibility Burgers Phones Burgers Phones
A 6 0 12 0
B 4 8 8 8
C 2 16 4 16
D 0 24 0 24
3) From your answer in the previous question, what is the opportunity cost of burgers for the United States, i.e. how many burgers must the United States give up to produce one phone? What would be an agreeable terms of trade for 1 phone?
4) At the end of the video, a supply and demand graph of the phone market for both countries was shown. Explain why Mexico exported phones to the United States.
5) Suppose, the market for burgers was shown rather than the market for phones in the supply and demand graphs. For the United States to export burgers and Mexico to import burgers, what would world price need to be, in each country, relative to the domestic price?
6) Lastly, explain what a tariff is and the effect it can have on burger imports for Mexico.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more