Research Paper Guidelines
Your research paper (about any Operations Management topic that interests you, for example Supply Chain Management, Dynamic Ticket Pricing, etc.) is to be the following:
1. A traditional research paper, 10 pages (double-spaced) minimum with 10 references, appropriately CITED. MLA Style or APA Style preferably.
https://uca.edu/cwc/quick-help/apa-basics/ Look here for assistance and guidance.
Here is an example of citing using APA style (McMurtrey, McGaughey, and Downey, 2009). Here’s another one:
Downey, McMurtrey, and Zeltmann (2008) reported that…etc.
*Cite all authors the first time, afterwards you may use et al., like this (McMurtrey et al., 2009). Here’s another one:
Downey et al. (2008) further noted that…etc.
** The ten pages do NOT count your cover page, table of contents, or bibliography. I need 10 solid pages (OR MORE) of research at the Graduate School level.
2. Make sure you have all the bibliometric information: authors (ALL), pages, journal name, volume, number, page number, month/year/date/issue, and complete URL. Here’s two examples of an appropriate citation:
Downey, James P.; McMurtrey, Mark E. and Zeltmann, Steven M. (2008). Mapping the MIS Curriculum Based on Critical Skills of New Graduates: An Empirical Examination of IT Professionals. Journal of Information Systems Education. Volume 19, Number 3, pp. 351-364. Available at: https://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ831395
Here’s one that we are very proud of!
McMurtrey, Mark E.; Downey, James P.; Zeltmann, Steven M. and McGaughey, Ronald E. (2011). Seniors and Technology: Results from a Field Study. Journal of Computer Information Systems. Volume 51, Number 4, pp. 22-30.
3. It must not be from another class project.
4. Final Paper Due Thursday, April 23rd at 11:59 p.m.
5. A good source of information is the ABI Inform (or ProQuest) Research Database available online through Torreyson Library:
http://www.uca.edu/library/ Look around here, you’ll find a lot.
(It changes a little bit every semester, lol. Just plow on, you’ll find everything!)
Here is the direct link but it can be troublesome.
http://libguides.uca.edu/az.php This is the direct link to “Databases A – Z”. Once you get here, pick ProQuest ABI/Inform) and/or any of the others.