For this cumulative writing assignment, you will need to utilize your journal of weekly internship experiences. Write an essay summarizing your internship experience.
If you have not conducted an internship, the journal will be culminating analysis of your journal posts throughout the term of the class.
Instructions: This essay should cover key aspects of your experience including:
No Internship Guidelines:
2) Summary description of managerial roles and knowledge
3) Comparisons of what you have experienced prior to the program to what you learned in the class
4) Reflect and discuss those comparisons (item 3 above)
5) Summary discussion of rotating forum elements; expectations, strengths & opportunities, service, and systems
– Assess ways you have been prepared for your future career within the hospitality industry
– Highlight and describe your most valuable learning lessons
For either condition:
The analysis and reflections made in the writing should correlate to specific journal entries. The weekly discussions are a foundation, or context, for the what you are presenting with this assignment, so it important to make direct connections to what was experienced or considered during the class.
Submission Instructions: You will submit your essay and your journal together. If submitting as one document, start with the essay and use the journal as an appendix, starting a new page after list of references. The journal entry pages do not have to be formatted according to APA.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.