MODULE ONE: History and Development of School Counseling
1. History and Development of School Counseling Profession Paper – 100 pts Description of Assignment (TEMPLATE ATTACHED TO USE)
Using your text, articles from peer-reviewed journals, and other electronic resources, describe the history of the school counseling profession. Then, describe professional organizations and preparation standards that have supported the development of school counseling. (I am in GEORGIA if that makes a difference on the professional organizations).
Finally, identify legislation and government policy specific to school counseling and school counselor licensure in your state. (My state is GEORGIA).
Use the following to help you organize your paper:
Part 1: History of School Counseling
• Briefly describe the history and evolution of the school counseling profession from the late 1800s to today.
Part 2: Development of the Profession
• Identify the major professional organizations that support the development of school counselors and the profession of school counseling. Include at least one national organization and one state organization. For each, address the following:
◦ How does the organization support the profession?
◦ How does an individual go about joining the organization, and what is the cost of membership?
◦ What are the benefits of membership?
• Describe preparation standards (i.e., Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Program [CACREP] Standards) and the benefits of attending a CACREP accredited school counseling program.
◦ In this section, be sure to include information about fieldwork (i.e., practicum and internship) requirements related to school counseling. Identify the number of hours and range of experiences you will be expected to complete along with basic requirements such as types of sites, site supervisor credentials, and professional liability insurance.
Part 3: Legislation and Government Policy (State of Georgia)
• Identify and describe state laws and government policies governing school counselors in your state (suggestion: search within your state’s education laws – For example: Georgia Professional Standards Commission and Department of Education). Then compare and contrast these requirements with CACREP preparation standards
• Written communication: Writing must be scholarly, professional, free of errors, and consistent with expectations for members of the counseling profession.
• APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
• Length: 3–4 pages, excluding the title page and reference list.
• References: Include a minimum of at least five current (within the last 10 years) resources. Create your reference list for this paper based on the resources you actually use in the body of the paper.
• Font and font-size: Times New Roman, 12 points.
• Title page: Include
• Title of Paper
• Your Name
• Your University
• Course Name-School Counseling Foundations
• Instructor’s Name
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more