NO PLAGARISM!!!!!! This is an assessment!!!!
1. Describe resistant infections and the official guidelines for coding and reporting? Why is it important to correctly identify and code all resistant infections? Include at least one example of a resistant-infection code. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
2. Explain why there are so many codes related to anemia (D50-64). Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
3. Use the Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) to the following diagnosis: Pneumocystis pneumonia in a patient with HIV.
d. B 21.2
4. Use the Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) to the following diagnosis: Combined spinal cord degeneration due to pernicious anemia.
a. G30, D50
b. D51, G32
d. G90, G98
5. Use the Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) to the following diagnosis. Hypertension with end stage renal disease.
a. I10.1, N18.6
b. I18.2, N18.5
c. I17.6, N18.2
d. I12.0, N18.6
6. Use the Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) to the following diagnosis: Alzheimer’s disease.
a. G30.9, F02.80
b. G30.9, G45.9
c. F02.80, G30.8
d. G30.2, F01.19
7. Use the Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) to the following diagnosis: Gastroenteritis due to Norwalk virus.
8. History of Present Illness
A 50 year old disabled male is a resident of a nursing home who has been admitted because of marked congestion and respiratory distress. He is known to have mental retardation and frequent urinary tract and pulmonary infections. He has a recurrent epileptic disorder that is well controlled on Dilantin.
On admission, vital signs include a temperature of 101 degrees F, respiratory rate of 32 breaths per minute, heart rate of 82 beats per minute, and blood pressure of 120/70 mm Hg. Examination of the chest reveals bilateral crepitations. There is moderate redness and edema of the scrotal skin.
Laboratory Data and Courses in Hospital
His white blood cell count is 8.5; hemoglobin 12.9g/dl; polymorphonuclear leukocytes, 64; bands, 19; lymphocytes, 10; monocytes, 6; and eosinophils, 1. A urinalysis shows moderate bacterial and white blood cell count. A urine culture shows mixed flora. The repeat urine culture shows Providencia stuartii sensitive to Fortaz. A sputum culture reveals the presence of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, sensitive to vancomycin. A chest xray film shows bilateral pulmonary infiltrates. Arterial blood gases on room air show a PO2 of 48, PCO2 of 30, and a ph of 7.50. When repeated with the patient on oxygen, PO2 is 66, PCO2 is 36, and ph is 7.45. The patient is treated with intravenous vancomycin and intravenous Fortaz. His pulmonary infiltrate decreases. His oral intake has been somewhat poor, and he has been given intravenous fluids off and on. The nursing staff at the nursing home note that his intake, in terms of eating and taking fluids, is much better. His medications at the nursing home include Dilantin, 200mg twice a day; Tegretol, 400mg at 8a.m. and 4p.m. and 200mg at 8p.m.; and Cipro, 500mg twice a day; and his maintenance medications are continued. This patient is being discharge today.
Use Encoder Pro software to assign I-10 code(s) for each of the final diagnosis statements below:
a. Acute respiratory insufficiency
b. Bilateral pneumonia due to MRSA
c. Providencia stuartii (gram-negative bacilli) infection
d. Mental retardation
There is no minimum word count for this question.
9. Using the textbook, match the range of codes on the left to the correct chapter title on the right.
C00-D49 a. Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Disease
F01-F99 b. Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
A00-A99 c. Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
J00-J99 d. Diseases of the Respiratory System
I00-I99 e. Diseases of the Circulatory System
E00-E90 f. Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
G00-G99 g. Diseases of the Blood and Blood Forming Organs
D50-D89 h. Diseases of the Nervous System
H00-H59 I. Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
H60-H95 j. Neoplasms
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more