Hi, need to submit a 750 words paper on the topic Fitness and Wellness. Obesity and high lipid levels (signified by the high low-density lipoproteins) also predispose Joe to acquire Diabetes of the type two variety especially if any member of his family has had diabetes before. He is also likely to get gallbladder diseases, osteoarthritis, dyslipidemia, and cancers. Social exclusion may lead Joe to succumb to depression and other mental disorders. Therefore, there is a need for Joe to manage his lifestyle better.
Joe can reduce the risk of these health conditions by engaging in the following activities as documented by the seven dimensions of wellness.
1. Engaging more in social interactions with his peers to promote social wellness.
2. Joe ought to be able to share his feelings with a close friend or family member. These include feelings of joy and sadness to better his emotional wellness.
3. To encourage spiritual wellness, he should commit himself to a church, temple, or mosque to encourage inner peace.
4. To lookout for the environment and promote its conservation in the spirit of environmental wellness.
5. Occupational wellness. He should strive to seek a job that satisfies his desires, his passions, and hobbies.
6. He should keep himself informed of current affairs and news to enhance intellectual wellness.
7. Lastly, he should adopt a healthy lifestyle that incorporates physical exercises, mental exercises, and eating healthy food to promote physical wellness.
FITNESS PLAN FOR JOE.
To make himself fit, Joe should start by enrolling himself in a local gym and dedicate a particular time of the day for exercises. By doing this, he would also be engaging in more social interactions and therefore promoting his social wellness (Hoeger, page 200). He should seek religious domination of his liking and attend regular services. Also, he should analyze his skills and hobbies and look for a job that befits him. He should also take time to be relaxing and go out for dates with members of the opposite sex to enable him to be able to get a suitable partner of his choice. All these will enable him to create a balanced lifestyle that would reduce the risk of the above diseases.
Sally’s lifestyle is a classic example of someone whose emotional status might make her succumb to various physical diseases or conditions. For example.
Depression. Depression will affect the quality of life as it will make her lack the will to live.
Heart diseases. High blood pressure results from a lack of physical fitness.
Obesity. As a result of eating without exercising that predispose Sally to type two diabetes.
Social stigmatization. The society may shun and label her as a social ‘creep’ due to her seclusion, and this might stigmatize her and encourage further depression.
Sally needs to seek the help of a good psychologist to help her unravel the source of her demotivation. Alternatively, she could do a self-evaluation to pinpoint the root of her demotivation. After the emotional problem is solved, she should enroll herself back to the gym on a regular basis. Since her sport of choice is athletics, she should engage in regular jogging in the morning and treadmills in the gym. Each week she strives to increase the distance of running to improve her performance. She should incorporate the principle of commitment and self-discipline to record improved performance. She should also eat healthily. A diet plan for a single day could resemble the one below.
An Example of a Balanced Diet for a Day
Morning: 1 toasted whole-wheat English muffin with one tablespoonful of the spread of fruit
One hard-boiled egg
Calories 390 • total fat 6 grams
2g of saturated fat • 50 grams of carbohydrates
8 grams of fiber
Sodium 290 mg
Lunchtime: Bean burrito
Calories • 3 grams of total fat
1.5 grams of saturated fat • 40 g carbohydrates
• Fibre 9 grams
Sodium 800 mg
Dinner/Supper: 3 ounces of baked white fish with lemon juice
1 cup zucchini and 1 cup red pepper.
One small baked potato
Calories 300 • total fat 8 grams
Saturated fat 2 gram • carbohydrates 52 grams
Sodium 225 mg
For each day of the week, she should eat foods that provide all the micro and macronutrients as illustrated in the example above.
Sally should engage in the following steps to reduce stress in her life.
1. See a psychologist or do self-evaluation as explained above.
2. Go out and socialize more with friends and family.
3. Attend a local church regularly for inner peace and harmony.
4. Derive pleasure from her daily activities by doing what she loves and likes.
5. Buy and read self-motivational books to build herself.