Topic: Benchmark – Dual Relationships Case Study
Research Psychologist A has been conducting a study with human subjects for nearly a year. As a result, A has come to know Participant M quite well. The study is taking longer than expected, and some of the participants are leaving the study. Because of the nature of the working relationship with the participants, Research Psychologist A and Participant M have become interested in an intimate relationship. Since neither one wants to jeopardize the progress of the study, they agree to retain only a professional relationship for the duration of the study, and then to pursue an intimate relationship once the study is completed and the results have been published.
In this assignment, you will address the ethical issues of this case and will present options for resolving the ethical conflict. You will be required to consider individual perceptions as well as the needs, potential, and motivation of the involved parties when positing your resolution.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the 2010 APA Ethics Code.
· Refer to Pope, K. S. (n.d.). Dual relationships, multiple relationships, & boundary decisions in the course materials for this topic.
· In addition to those listed in the assignment directions, this assignment benchmarks the following writing competencies: C7.1: Produce scholarly academic writing and C7.2: Demonstrate written logic, argument, and persuasiveness.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) in which you do the following:
1. Describe the ethical conflict in the scenario above.
2. Describe the options for resolving the ethical conflict including the interpersonal perceptions and other considerations that influence the options. (Benchmarks: Relationships, Spirit and Self-Discovery C8.2: Evaluate changes in one’s ability to be perceptive of others.)
3. Identify the preferred option for resolving the conflict, and explain why it is the best option. How does this option address the needs, potential, and motivations of the involved parties? (Benchmarks: Relationships, Spirit and Self-Discovery C8.3: Synthesize the potential and motivations of self and others.)
4. Propose steps Research Psychologist A should take to avoid a similar situation in the future.
1. Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists: Chapters 6, 8, and 13.
2. The Dual Relationship – The Neophyte Dilemma
a. Howells, K. (2014). The dual relationship – The Neophyte dilemma. Sport & Exercise Psychology Review, 10(3), 87-90.
3. Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct: Including 2010 Amendments
a. Standard 1,” “Standard 3,” “Standard 5,” “Standard 8,” and “Standard 10.”
b. American Psychological Association. (2010). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: Including 2010 amendments. Washington, DC: Author.
c. URL: http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx#
4. Dual Relationships, Multiple Relationships, & Boundary Decisions
a. Pope, K. S. (n.d.). Dual relationships, multiple relationships, & boundary decisions.
b. URL: https://kspope.com/dual/index.php
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more