1) Discussion: Read the, https://www.wired.com/story/cambridge-analytica-facebook-privacy-awakening/ which is about Cambridge Analytica in Wired Magazine. Discuss whether you think the premise of the article is correct and that people are more aware of privacy concerns.
2) Quiz: Answer each these questions in a paragraph with at least five sentences: Include the question and number your responses accordingly.
1. What kind of speech was the First Amendment written to protect?
2. Does the First Amendment apply only to spoken words?
3. What does it mean that laws regulating speech must be content neutral?
4. Why are common carriers prohibited from controlling the content of the material they carry?
5. How does the Supreme Court determine whether material is obscene?
6. Why have attempts to censor the Internet failed in the US?
7. Why not just ban spam?
8. Why did Facebook ban Alex Jones and Louis Farrakan?
9. Should websites that show how to 3d print guns be banned?
10. According to the Supreme Court ‘anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority’. What does that mean?
3) Quiz: Answer each these questions in a paragraph with at least five sentences: Include the question and number your responses accordingly.
1. What is privacy?
2. What risks, if any, does facial recognition software raise?
3. How much information about you can be found on-line with a simple google search?
4. How much information about you can be found by searching government and commercial databases?
5. Describe informed consent.
6. Should secondary use of consumer provided data be available without notice to the consumer?
7. How do data mining and predictive analytics work?
8. Watch this Science Friday video by Ira Flatow. And, offer your opinion – Are advancing algorithms taking our free will?
9. Should Facebook be regulated, at least as far as it’s privacy and data policies?
10. How many public cameras is too many?
Use at least three sources. Include at least 3 quotes from your sources enclosed in quotation marks and cited in-line by reference to your reference list. Example: “words you copied” (citation) These quotes should be one full sentence not altered or paraphrased. Cite your sources using APA format. Use the quotes in your paragaphs.
Useful textbook: A Gift of Fire: Social, Legal, and Ethical Issues for Computing Technology Fifth Edition
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more