1. Consider and discuss the following terms or concepts:
Limited government-Liberal democracy
Capitalism and democracy
Separation of power – checks & balances?
Federalism – “States Rights” & government at the lowest level?
Judicial review & judicial power
The representative bureaucracy: to represent or to be representative
Majority rule vs. minority rights (de Toqueville’s tyranny question revisited)
2. What is the relationship between politics and administration in our system of government?
3. Consider the relationships between the three branches of the federal government in today’s political climate. What are the real powers of each of the branches in relation to the bureaucracy, and how do we control administrative discretion?
4. Discuss the concept of due process and the use of torts in controlling bureaucratic discretion.
5. What powers does Congress have to hold the President and the Executive Branch accountable?
6. What is the appropriate role of the courts in relation to the bureaucracy?
7. Considering that we have a federal system of government, what are the roles of each level of government, and how does this relate to Intergovernmental Relations (IGR)?
8. Explain the three models of federalism in Figure 6.1 in Holzer, and discuss their implications for federal, state and local relationships.
9. Discuss the concepts of shared services and the role of states in these processes.
10. Discuss government to government competition and public – private competition. What is the intent and appropriateness of such competition?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more