Case Study-Discussion 1 Assignment
K-12 Education Case Study
Problems associated with the issue
Guidelines can be made at any degree of training and characterize the aptitudes and information that understudies are relied upon to illustrate. Forty-six states and the District of Columbia have committed to fully implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) by the fall of 2013, and members of the two CCSS-aligned assessment consortia have committed to roll out an aligned assessment the following year (Haycock & Policy Innovators in Education Network, 2012). High standards that are consistent across states provide teachers, parents, and students with a set of clear expectations to ensure that all students have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college, career, and life upon graduation from high school, regardless of where they live (Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2014). These standards are aligned to the expectations of colleges, workforce training programs, and employers (Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2014). The standards promote equity by ensuring all students are well prepared to collaborate and compete with their peers in the United States and abroad (Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2014).
The main two problem that we might face during the implementation of this standard and other new standards are given below:
1. It is very difficult to implement new standard in state level within a year because there are many hurdles from students, parents, teachers, school administration and specially from Business leader may face. It is costly for parents to by new technology for their children and hard for teacher to thought new standard to student without learning.
2. The other main problem is the collection of data. We may collect data from school record, interviews, assessments, referrals and pretest but the issue is how we can manage data because in every day there are thousands of new students admitted in schools and college. So, the issue is how to collect and manage the data.
Questions to Consider
The following three questions must be considered before implantation of new standards. The questions are,
1. How can we set a same standard for private and government school / colleges?
2. How can we train thousands of teachers at same level or same standard?
3. How can we change the mind of stockholders?
One issue that was described in the case study was the fact It is very difficult for state to implement new standards in all level at same time but not impossible. The government firstly implanted new standard at district level because it is easy to start from one district rather than whole state. If same standard will be applied in private and government school, then private school faced huge loss because same quality or standard will reduce their strength and they may shutdown. These standards are aligned to the expectations of colleges, workforce training programs, and employers (Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2014). The standards promote equity by ensuring all students are well prepared to collaborate and compete with their peers in the United States and abroad (Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2014).The issue may solve if government takes all private schools and provide them benefit on monthly basis. The second main issue is the training of staff or teacher about new technology or standard, this issue is also big because in every district it is costly for government to conduct seminar for the training of teacher. The issue may solve if government provides username and password to every teacher and used online source for their training. It is less costly and time saving activity. The stakeholders are playing important role for improving the standard of any product. In education sector the stakeholders may create a big problem, but this problem may solve it we conduct a questionnaire or feedback from stakeholders before implementation of new standard. After that issue the result in popular news channel or paper which may change the mind of others.
In this Discussion, you look more closely at the case study issue you debated in the Discussion 1. To prepare for this Discussion, consider all you have discovered about the case study this week. Conduct a search to obtain at least three scholarly articles that relate to the issue you debated. Finally, consider how the process of exploring and debating issues relates to your role as a change agent and advanced graduate degree student.
Keep in mind that the articles you obtain may support or refute the position you held in the debate or may introduce a different perspective altogether. Your purpose in this assignment is to learn more about the issue you have been exploring.
Post a discussion covering each of the following elements:
1. Conduct a search to obtain at least three scholarly articles that relate to the issue.
2. Explain what you have discovered about the issue from the debate and from the resources you located for this discussion.
3. Identify answers to questions you have raised about the issue.
4. Identify new questions you have now that you have discovered more about the issue.
5. Explain how you might apply the critical analysis and research skills you have been practicing this week to your student and professional roles.
6. Finally, consider how the process of exploring and debating issues relates to your role as a change agent and advanced graduate degree student.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more