Description and requirements:
Machines are the devices that transfer or transform energy to do useful work. These contain mechanism (s) which are designed to provide forces and transmit power. Efficiently designed mechanisms transfer or transform given input motion to specified output motion in the machines. Mechanisms could be planar or spatial.
Objective of design project:
The objective is to design an innovative toy model using principles of simple planar mechanism. Some ideas can be taken from the above simple mechanisms.
Students are required to carefully select lengths of various links of the mechanism (Synthesis and Analysis of mechanism) so that uniform motion among various parts/links is possible.
Overall dimensions and materials of the model should be selected such that weight should not exceed 1.5 Kg. Overall dimensions of the mechanism must not exceed (30 cm × 30 cm × 30 cm). For the weight calculations you can search for online sites to determine densities of different materials.
Design project report
Submit a design report on the design model. The report must consist of the following sections:
• Design Specifications & Constraints: Objectives and constraints of design project
• Design Methodology: Design calculations (Kinematic analysis: Position, velocity and acceleration), weight calculations and dimensions (Synthesis analysis) of various links, number and types of joints, links and types of pairs must be clearly mentioned.
• Neat and clear sketches or pictures of all parts/ links of the final proposed model. You can use some pictures from net to support your design idea.
• References must be properly written at the end of report.
• Number of Students per group 4-5 (maximum 5 students)
• Project report must be written using MS word and report should be numbered. A two to four pages report would be enough.
• Include “project evaluation form” as front page of design report
• Design of an innovative toy model based on the motion of above given mechanisms must be provided. Your proposed model design must not be exactly working on the principles of “four bar chain” or “slider crank mechanism”
Consulting Material/Reference sources: Any Design of Machinery book
• How it is made from discovery Channel
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more