Citing specific evidence from the Ramayana (not from the textbook), explain some of the characteristics of the ideal ruler in ancient South Asian society.
Before proceeding, you might wish to read the short notes (Links to an external site.) and review the study questions (Links to an external site.) on the Ramayana. You might also want to read the remarks by Ritu Verma (Links to an external site.) on growing up in India with the Ramayana. Check out the short video about this assignment.
Your paper must follow this format:
must have brief introduction and conclusion paragraphs (each not to exceed three lines); the introduction must directly respond to the assignment question and identify your analysis/thesis points.
font size 10 or 12 only
page number citations for your quoted evidence
name, and only your name, at the top left of the paper
not to exceed one (1) page
What was the attitude of the Ramayana to the family?
2. How did the book resemble other famous “epic” poems, such as the Odyssey, Iliad, Popol Vuh or Gilgamesh?
3. What were some of the characteristics of the ideal ruler?
4. What was the author’s definition of “virtue” and “honor?”
5. Was there any resemblance between the ethical system of the Ramayana and Western ethical religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam)?
6. According to the Ramayana, what were the essentials of good government?
7. In what ways was the religious conception of the Ramayana similar to Judaism, Christianity and Islam? Explain.
8. Did the epic provide any evidence about the nature of the caste system in South Asia?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more